Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It's about damn time you posted something....

I don't know if I should give up blogging or keep at it.  I still like reading other people's blogs.  I just have a hard time keeping up with my own.  I do wish I blogged more because it helps me remember things from year to year when I forget things like what Matt got me for my birthday and such.  So since I last blogged, Josh and I had a birthday.  Mine was fairly uneventful.  Matt got me a Kohl's gift card and my aunt sent me some cash.  Josh gave me an Amazon gift card.  Matt also took me out to dinner at a really nice steakhouse the weekend after my birthday.  Food was good, but fairly expensive - even with a $40 coupon.

Work has been busy as always.  Scrabble club is still going strong.  My new principal is great.  I got to be her secret Santa the week before school was out.  When I revealed that I was her secret Santa, she got very excited and gave me a hug.  She said she enjoyed all the gifts and especially the notes I put with them.  My secret Santa gave me a 3D puzzle and Marvin the Martian cup with a lid along with other goodies during the week.

I've done all my shopping - a good portion of it online and have all the presents wrapped.  We are heading to New Mexico tomorrow evening.  We'll stop for the night along the way and then get into the mountains where my aunt lives sometime the afternoon of Christmas eve.  We'll spend Christmas day there and the day after - hopefully.  We are planning to come back through Amarillo in order to stop and see my dad and brother, but they are expecting to get 8-12 inches of snow on Sunday when were planning on heading that way.  We may have to leave early or go late... not sure which at this point. Josh is going with us as he has a week off from work.

We haven't seen the new Star Wars movie yet.  We may see it in ABQ or Amarillo if we get the chance.  We were going to go on Monday but I had shopping to do in the morning and then Matt and ran errands the rest of the day.  I headed out for final shopping this morning and got back around 1:00.  I've been working on cleaning the house some but what's a better way to procrastinate than to blog!

I'll certainly be posting my annual year in review either on the 31st or the 1st.  So now you can get TWO posts in the same month!  Well, I guess I should get busy on the kitchen again.  There's so much STUFF.  I also need to start packing soon.  I've got a load in the washer and when that's done, I'll get the suitcase out and get started.  Hope you're all having a nice holiday.  If I don't blog again by Friday, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Merry Christmas! I've gone slack in the bloggine department, have devoted my life to my 84 year old mom's health needs...but consider you one of my 'real' blogging friends..

Merry Christmas!

Jan