Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Year in Review

Even though I've been a bad blogger, I'm trying to at least keep my year in review going.

1. What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
Placed 7th at a National Scrabble tournament and won $300

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I won’t kid myself.  I’ll continue to set a book reading goal on Goodreads – that’s about as much as I can do. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope – we’re all getting old.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.  

5. What countries did you visit?
Once again, I’m a homebody who never gets away.  I *might* try to go on a cruise sometime so maybe I’ll get out of the country someday.

6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2015?
More time.  There’s never enough hours in the day it seems.  I’d also really like a maid.  I really need someone to clean up my messes because I procrastinate too much.

7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No specific dates really – other than last week’s Snowpocalypse that happened while visiting family in Amarillo.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Receiving the Inspire Award from the SAISD foundation and placing 7th at Scrabble Nationals.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing major – still haven’t cleaned out the garage. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major – same old colds and stuff. 

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my new iPhone – not that it’s fantastic or anything, but it is faster and works better than my previous phone.  I also gave my old phone to my dad which was a major upgrade for him so it was a win all around. 

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My students did well at the state Scrabble tournament that I took them to. 

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody in particular.  Matt’s mother is still being mostly silent. 

14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying bills and groceries. 

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Making it to the top eight at Nationals.

16. What song will always remind you of 2015?


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? About the same as last year – generally happy.
- richer or poorer? Slightly richer now that Josh is paying me for his car and insurance.
- thinner or fatter? Slightly fatter – really need to do something about that.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Keeping the house clean. 

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying – about my job, the new principal, bills, etc.

20. How did you spend the holidays?
New Years (2015) – at home with Matt who grilled steaks.
Valentine’s Day – with Matt – got him tickets to a concert and we went to dinner beforehand. 
Easter – with Matt - can't even remember what church we went to this year.
4th of July – with Matt – cooked out on the grill and then just hung out at home.
Thanksgiving – With Matt and my cousins – cooked a big dinner here and then watched Harry Potter.
Christmas – went to New Mexico to visit my aunt and uncle and then headed to Amarillo to see my dad and brother.  Got snowed in while there. 

21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
Still in love with Matt.

22. How many one-night stands?
Do I have to answer this question every year?  I'm a married woman!

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Bang Theory is still a favorite.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope - still like everyone I know.

25. What was the best book you read?
I actually exceeded my Goodreads goal but I did cut it in half this year.  Some notable books were The Martian, X by Sue Grafton, Dead Wake (about the sinking of the Lusitania), and As You Wish (about the making of the movie The Princess Bride).

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Spotlight was probably one of my favorites this year.  Surprisingly, I liked Mockingjay part 2 even though I didn’t care much for the book.   Star Wars and The Martian were also great.

27. Whom did you miss?
Friends and family back in Amarillo/New Mexico.  I haven’t seen my sister in a few years now. 

27. Who was the best new person you met?
My new principal.  I really like her. 

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
To be successful in Scrabble, you really have to learn more words.  

No comments: