Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer vacation is finally here

So I've already gotten into a routine of being mostly lazy.  It doesn't take long for that to happen in the summer.  I'm going to try to talk myself into doing small projects over the course of the break.

On Wednesday Matt and I went to the Juneteenth dinner where he was getting an award.  We were foolish in that we left the house without an umbrella.  Sure enough, it was pouring by the time we got to the location.  Matt dropped me off in front and I was able to take cover quickly.  Matt, however, got drenched in his suit after walking from where he parked the car.  He was a mess.  Turns out that we weren't the only ones who didn't bring umbrellas though.  The dinner was nice though they served collard greens and sweet mashed potatoes which I don't care for.  The brisket and mac and cheese was good though.  I didn't get a picture of me in the dress, but I did get a picture of Matt getting his award.  It was the Sojourner Truth award and it was for his work on putting together a large collection of African American funeral programs.



I didn't do much on Thursday other than goofing off in front of the computer, reading, and watching tv.  I did go to Scrabble club though.  I lost one game by just 3 points and won the other two games handily scoring over 400 points in each game.  I decided that on Friday I would get out to the local library and spend time studying Scrabble stuff in preparation for Nationals.  I stopped at Subway for a sandwich and then spent a couple of hours at the library working on new study cards.  Matt and I went out to dinner that evening.  We went to Zio's which is one of our favorite local Italian chain restaurant but I wasn't too thrilled with my dinner.

Saturday was pretty much completely lazy.  I don't think I ever got dressed all day.  I did make a pot roast for dinner though.  Today we are headed to church shortly.  We usually go to the 1:00 service since we like to sleep in.  I also have to do some laundry.  My cousin's wife is coming to stay with us for a few days as she starts her job tomorrow but won't be closing on the house until later in the week.  Since we've had guests every weekend for a month now, I'm ready to have some down time.

Well, I better get Matt roused so he can get his shoes on and ready to go.  He is terrible about being on time to things.  If it weren't for me he would still be perpetually late to things.  A friend of ours commented on how nice it has been since I came into his life and now he isn't as late as he usually is.

1 comment:

Billy said...

Congrats to Matt!