Sunday, January 04, 2015

Cleaning as a form of Procrastination

I've been on a cleaning and organizing binge for the last few days.  I'm really doing it because I don't want to be doing other things I should be doing - like stuff for school.  I've been needing to clean out closets and sort through stuff ever since I moved in two years ago and especially since Matt moved in over a year ago.  The house is still a mess - it always gets worse before it gets better.  There's piles of stuff all over the place - especially the loft area right now.  That will be the last room I tackle - I hope I get to it tomorrow.  My bedroom, the master bath, and my closet are clean.  The laundry room is clean and I've organized the storage under the stairs.  The kitchen is still a mess, but not as bad as it was yesterday.  I've discovered I have a bunch of blankets and am running out of room to store them.  I've been gathering a lot of ideas on pinterest and some of them I've already implemented.  The storage under bathroom and kitchen sinks is much better now.

I spent most of the day today at defensive driving.  I got a ticket back in October and I was getting down to the last minute to get it done.  I could have done it online, but I didn't think I would be disciplined enough to do it.  I signed up for the comedy course thinking it would be really funny, but it wasn't that great.  I didn't really learn anything other than I live in the city with the highest traffic fatalities in the state.  At least I got a decent meal out of it.

I can't believe there's only one more day of vacation left.  I guess I need to make the most of it - which means sleeping in until as late as possible tomorrow.  We'll probably go to church at 1:00 and then I'll get back to cleaning and organizing.  I probably won't finish tomorrow, but I'll work in the evenings as much as I can.  We won't start band up again until the following week.

Matt I and are going to New Orleans during MLK weekend for a Scrabble tournament.  We are going to be able to stay with some friends of his which certainly helps with the travel expenses.  I haven't been to New Orleans since I was 19 so I think it will be a fun trip.

3 comments:

Billy said...

Sounds like you have been busy on your vacation. I have just been doing nothing but relaxing. I get to go back to work tomorrow.

Scrabble tournament? Sounds interesting.

So glad to know you got married. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Aww, only 2 weeks for Christmas break? Fresno Unified takes 3 due to so many of the students go to Mexico and don't return until a couple of weeks after Christmas. The semester ends before the break so no one has to worry about school work while away, including the teachers. It's a good break for everyone.

Best wishes for your new semester and new year.

Anonymous said...

Be sure to visit PRESERVATION HALL while in the Big Easy. The music is wonderful and it will be a fun time.

LM