Friday, September 19, 2014

7 Quick Takes – Same ol’

Today I’ll be gone from school as I’ll be attending a one day library conference.  For the past two years I’ve presented sessions, but I couldn’t think of anything I wanted to share this year.  It will be nice to go without worrying about taking all the stuff for presenting.
Lucy is still healing.  She gets her kitty cast changed once a week.  This week they put in extra padding so it’s more difficult for her to hobble on it.  
I’ve stayed late at school every day this week.  I thought that by becoming a librarian I wouldn’t have to do that very often.  It’s really stuff that I don’t have to do, but it’s nice to stay somewhat caught up.  I’ve been on a creative streak so I guess I should just go with it.  
Matt’s job is saved!  A lot of complaints kept coming in and miraculously the city found enough money to keep the department working its normal hours rather than cutting back to 20 hours a week.  At least Matt won’t be as worrisome now.  I do think, however, if another potential opportunity came up, he would consider it.  Just because it has gotten a reprieve twice now doesn’t mean it won’t be on the chopping block again next year. 
Scrabble club is slowly growing this year.  I didn’t have the overwhelming numbers like I did last year, but it’s been steady growth with a few new students almost daily.  My class has been going fairly well, but they didn’t do as well as I’d hoped on their test that they took today.  I think we’ll be doing a re-teach and retest next week.
I skipped Scrabble club tonight.  I feel kind of bad for not going, but I stayed at work until six and didn’t get home until 6:30.  I had to do a load of laundry so I’ll have something to wear tomorrow.  I’ve been feeling a little itchy so I took a benadryl.  I have to get up early to leave early enough to avoid heavy traffic. 
One of my readers asked the following questions: 
Which roller coaster is your favorite and why? How many times have you got off and got back in line to ride again?
I think my favorite coaster is still Millennium Force at Cedar Point.  It is really fast and I enjoy the overbanked turns.  Kumba is a close second, however.  I think the most I’ve ridden in a row is about 8 times at an ACE coaster event where I didn’t even have to get off the train.  One of the perks of going to official coaster events is the exclusive ride time you get before the park opens or after it closes. 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments: