Friday, August 08, 2014

7 Quick Takes - Honeymoon edition

I did plan to answer your questions this week, but I found that typing on a Kindle is more difficult than it seems. Your questions require a more in depth response so I'll post answers next week. Besides, I still need a few more questions from readers.

So we made it to Buffalo on Tuesday but I ended up going to an urgent care clinic after dinner. My left eye started to bother me on the plane and I realized that it wasn't going get better. Turns out that I have a corneal ulcer probably caused from wearing contacts again. I got some high powered antibiotic drops that have finally helped after three days.

We went to Niagara Falls on Wednesday and it was spectacular.  We took the Maid of the Mist boat tour and got some great pictures. I'll have to post them when I get back home.

It turns out that sometimes I'm really stupid. (Shhhh don't tell anyone.)  We bought discount Darien Lake tickets from a supermarket on Wednesday. We headed to the park early Thursday only to realize that I had forgotten the tickets at the hotel as soon as we pulled into the parking lot. We had to go all the way back to get them and it was about a 25 minute drive one way.

The theme park was ok but Matt couldn't ride the best coaster there because he was too tall. He was 2 inches taller than their maximum height allowed. After I rode it, I realized it was a precaution due to some parts where the coaster goes under the track and is a tight fit.

We ate at a very nice and fancy restaurant on Wednesday night. I've found that if you want a really good steak dinner, sometimes you have to splurge and pay for it. The service was outstanding and the food was amazing. The steak was cooked exactly right and very tender and flavorful. 

Matt registered for the tournament today. We ate at a good BBQ place for lunch and I had a drink with moonshine in it!   We are going to an opening reception tonight and then I will be heading back tomorrow evening.  I go back to work starting Monday.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments: