Wednesday, July 02, 2014

It’s coming fast

As much as I am trying to get everything done, time is moving too fast.  I have just three more days to get my crafts done before I head up to the Panhandle.  I missed a full day of doing stuff as I had to take a trip to Houston to deliver a washer and dryer to Josh.  He and his roommate moved into another house and got two more roommates.  It’s a much nicer and bigger place, but they didn’t have a washer and dryer.  Luckily we still had Matt’s units in the garage, but wasn’t sure how to get them to him.  I rented a pickup truck on Monday and we drove out there.  It cost more for the gas than it did to rent the truck.  But he’s set up and can do laundry now.  After we got them delivered, we headed to lunch with Matt’s friend Kristi and Josh.  After we dropped Josh off, we went to IKEA since neither of us had ever been to one before.  It’s pretty overwhelming.  I did find some inexpensive magazine holders that I could use for my library so I picked several packages of those up.  We had to deal with Houston traffic for a while as we headed out.  We got in around 10:30 p.m. 

We took the truck back the next morning and then went to a cake shop to see how much it would cost to order a custom Scrabble cake.  The bakery quoted us a price of almost $700.  That was outrageous.  We decided we would order a photo sheet cake from Sam’s Club for $40 instead.  The book cake I’m having made in Canyon is only going to be around $200. 

Although I’m supposed to be focusing on the crafts that need to be completed for the wedding, I keep getting distracted by other things.  My aunt called me yesterday and said that she was going to order me some of the dishes from my registry and told me that there were not any left.  I’ve only received three sets so far so I’m not sure who else has bought the others, but it’s exciting.  So yesterday evening I reorganized all my kitchen cabinets in preparation for all the new kitchen stuff that we’re getting. 

No comments: